Day 1 NYC through Sullivan County Catskills to Corning and the Finger Lakes
Sullivan County Catskills – Year-round fishing, hiking, watersports, art and pottery trails, and fantastic Fall Foliage
- Woodbury Commons – The world’s finest outlet shopping. 220 outlet stores and famous designers!
- Bethel Woods – site of the 1969 Woodstock Festival, with wonderful performance venues (indoor and outdoor) for year-round concerts, and a museum dedicated to the iconic 1969 Festival.
- Optional Sites – Delaware River rafting, Birding, Kyaking, and the Villa Roma Resort.
Corning & the Finger Lakes– Hot Glass, Cool Lakes, Superb Wine – nestled in the Finger Lakes region
- Sorge’s Italian – A Corning family tradition since 1951. Great local fare!
- Optional – Overnight in lovely Hammondsport on Lake Keuka
Day 2 Corning – Watkins Glen – Corning
- Corning Museum of Glass – With over 3,500 years of history housed in a building designed to mimic the flow of glass, the Corning Museum of Glass is home to the largest glass museum in the world. Sandblast your own glass souvenir!
- Rockwell Museum of Western Art – Known as the “Best of the West in the East,” this museum showcases the finest collection of western art anywhere east of the Mississippi.
Hammondsport – “America’s Coolest Small Town”
- Dr. Konstantin Frank Wine Cellars – in 1962Dr. Frank proved to the world that European vines, could be grown in the Finger Lakes Region. A wine tasting will show you why the Finger Lakes are the #2 wine producing region in NY State.
Watkins Glen – on the shores of Lake Seneca and home to the Watkins Glens Raceway
- Dinner Cruise – Cruise aboard the Seneca Legacy on Lake Seneca for fantastic views and great food!!
Day 3 Corning – Lockport – Buffalo
Lockport – A delightful town named after the Eric Canal locks
- Erie Canal Cruise – An engineering marvel when it was built, today it still ignites imagination and awe. Sail through the famous locks!
Buffalo looms up in a cluster of Art Deco spires and glass-box skyscrapers – Manhattan-in-miniature on Lake Erie. It is home to wonderful art, stunning churches, and great food and music, and Frank Lloyd Wright homes.
- Darwin Martin House – The house is considered by leading scholars to be one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s finest achievements. Located in the historic Parkside neighborhood of Buffalo, the multi-structure estate (1903-05) is a masterpiece of 20th century architecture
- Anchor Bar – Dinner at Anchor Bar, the home of the original Buffalo Chicken Wings. They can be served in a variety of options now, but we start you off with original!
Day 4 Buffalo – Niagara Falls – Buffalo
Niagara Falls – It all began 12,000 years ago when a huge trench was carved to create Niagara Falls, a spectacular natural wonder. Only from the NY side of the falls can you walk up close and truly feel the power of 60,000 cubic meters of water pouring over the falls every second. It’s thrilling!
- Maid of the Mist is the famous boat ride that brings you as close as you can get to the bottom the falls. You will feel the spray (ponchos are provided) and experience something like no where else in the world.
- Cave of the Winds. Clad in a bright yellow poncho and wearing the special footwear provided, you follow a tour guide over a series of wooden walkways to the famous “Hurricane Deck”. You are a mere 20 feet (6 meters) from the billowing torrents of Bridal Veil Falls.
- Niagara Power Project Vista – An interactive museum dedicated to Niagara’s hydroelectric history with wonderful views of the Niagara Gorge.
- Niagara Falls Observation Tower– Extending out dramatically over Niagara Gorge, you’ll enjoy the unobstructed views of the wild cascades of Niagara Falls, as well as the raging whitewater below.
- Hard Rock Café – a fun and lively restaurant close to the Falls. After a long day of touring, kick back and sing along with some great rock n’ roll. A wonderful preparation for the Falls illumination…
- Niagara Falls, Illumination – As spectacular as its vistas are by day, Niagara Falls can appear even more dramatic after dark. Every night of the year colored spotlights illuminate Niagara’s Horseshoe and American falls to create a spectacular light show of rich and ever-changing hues.
Day 5 Depart for the Airport or Canada
Net Cost Per Person: $1,236/Single, $979/Double, $895/Triple, $853/Quad
- 4 night’s hotel accommodations, 4 star hotels
- All admissions and local guides
- Luxury coach throughout
- 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners
- One complimentary package at single occupancy based on 40 paid
- All taxes, meal gratuities, guide & driver gratuities and hotel luggage handling
*** 3 Star hotels – 3 night version – $753/Single, $612/Double, $564/Triple, $540/Quad
Whatever your reason for traveling – Culture, Art, Gardens, Faith, or discovering new destinations – we create group tours that set each program apart from the ordinary. Let our experience and passion work for you.
Whatever your reason for traveling – Culture, Art, Gardens, Faith, or discovering new destinations – we create group tours that set each program apart from the ordinary.
Let our experience and passion work for you. twintravelconcepts.com